At the call of Prime Minister Narendra Modi people across the country switched off lights in their houses and lit lamps at their doors and balconies in solidarity with the rest of the country in combating COVID-19. Here the Corona Virus Bulletins are also available.
Who lit Lamps Across the Nation
Mr. Narendra Modi wore a white South Indian mundu (Dhoti) and an Assamese gamocha (towel) and lit a traditional oil lamp from South India, this was to convey, sources said, solidarity with all corners of the country. President of India Shri. Ram Nath Kovind and First Lady Savita Kovind also lit lamp as did Vice President M-Venkaiah Naidu. Several Political party leaders, Including YSRCP Chief and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Eddapadi Palaniswami, joined in. On the Delhi Campus, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan lit a lamp along with AIIMS doctors and Staff, who he called “Corona Warriors”.
Corona virus Bulletins
- PM lights lamp as nation joins hands against virus.
- Malaysian Tablighi Jamaat attendees stopped from leaving India, ICMR says no evidence yet f Covid-19 being airborne.
- 8 Malaysians who attended Tablighi Jamaat event sent to quarantine from Delhi Airport.
- fresh cases from Pune more deaths as Maharashtra’s tally of positive cases surges to 690.
- Tamil Nadu reports 86 new more corona cases, total spikes to 571.
- For stranded Britons U.K. organised 7 special flights from Delhi, Mumbai & Goa.
- Americans who refuse to shelve Palm Sunday said Satan is trying them to keep apart.
- Brenie Ecclestone says 2020 F1 Championship should be cancelled.
- Doctor’s says this is going to be our 9/11 moment as U.S. braces for ‘hardest’ week.
- There is a hype in number of cases in 4.1 days due to Tablighi Jamaat event, says health ministry.
- 7 out of 10 patients cured in Chattisgarh.
- Yes bank pledges Rs.10 Crore towards PM – CARES Fund to fight COVID-19.
- As per WHO: Global COVID-19 cases to reach 10 lakh, death toll 50,000 in next few days.
- Priyanka, Nick Donate to 10 organizations amid COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Man test COVID-19 positive in Andaman & Nicobar, total cases reach 10.
- CM Yediyurappa: No COVID-19 patient is on ventilator in Karnataka.
- Lokpal member tests positive.
- Agra reports 25 new cases of COVID-19.
- Bengaluru startup launches India’s first at-home testing kit for COVID-19.
- ICMR: 10% patients with respiratory illness tested positive for COVID-19.
- Maharashtra govt launches COVID-19 helpline on WhatsApp.
- South African cleric who attended Nizamuddin Markaz dies of Corona.
- Malicious OLX listing puts Statue of Unity ‘for sale’ for COVID-19 donations.
- In UP’s Maharajganj, 6 Tablighi attendees test +ve for COVID-19.
- To predict which COVID-19 patient needs ventilators all the researchers to use AI.
- VP Naidu: No religious congregations should be allowed on COVID-19.
- US Singer Crishtopher Cross tests positive for COVID-19.
- Health Secy on measures to control COVID-19 spread: It’s a daily battle.
- Ministry of Finance releases Rs.17,287 cr to states to fight COVID-19.
- PM talks to Trump, discusses India-US Partnership to fight COVID-19.
- 11 CISF personnel posted at Mumbai airport tests +ve for COVID-19.
- Moida authority to give Rs.1,000 to street vendors amid COVID-19 lockdown.
- Bharat Biotech’s COVID-19 vaccine likely to begin human trails by July.
- Odisha reports 6th COVID-19 +ve case with travel history to Delhi.
- Mysuru installs ‘disinfection tunnel’ at market entrance to prevent COVID-19.
- Prez to hold 2nd video conference with governors, LGs over COVID-19.
- ICMR Research: Lockdown can reduce COVID-19 Pandemic Peak by 43%.
- RBI halves trading hours to minimize risks due to COVID-19 lockdown.
- US Relaxes guidelines for gay blood donors amid COVID-19 spread.
- Jazz musician Ellis Marsalis Jr passes away due to COVID-19.
Here are the links for some related articles go through these also.
https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus.#WHO Helpline Website