TNEA 2020 Counselling: Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE), Tamil Nadu conducts the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) Exam every year to grant admissions in UG programs like Bachelors of Engineering (BE) and Bachelors of Technology (B. Tech) in colleges of Tamil Nadu. But as the written exam is scrapped this year, the admission will be granted on the basis of class 12 scores merit list.
The online counselling process for admission is already started from 8 October 2020 onwards for TNEA 2020. There are four rounds in counselling and DoTE will release the seat allotment list after each round. The seats will be allotted on the basis of choice filled by candidates and the availability of a total number of seats in the respective college. In this article we will cover the complete counselling procedure, important dates, registration, cut off, rank list and some other useful information and about TNEA 2020.
TNEA 2020 Counselling Procedure
Here is the complete step by step counselling procedure for TNEA 2020
- Registration and application – To Start, candidates have to register himself for TNEA 2020. Visit the official website and fill up the essential details such as name, date of birth, mobile number and email address etc.
- Payment of counselling fees –After registration, Candidates have to pay the counselling fee. Category wise counselling fee details are given below.
- 500 /- For General and OBS Candidates
- 250 /- For SC and ST Candidates
- 100 /- For Special Reservation Category Candidate
- Filling all personal details – After Fee payment, candidates have to fill other basic details i.e. Nativity, Nationality, Reservation Category, and their educational qualification details like marks of qualifying examination and board name.
- Submission of application form – After self-verifying the personal details, candidates have to submit the completely filled-in application form.
- Allotment of random number – A 10 digit random number will be allotted to every candidate who successfully completed the registration process.
- Certificate Verification – After registration, the documents verification will be conducted in the nearest TNEA Facilitation Centers (TFCs).
- Counselling Process – The counselling process consists of four or five rounds in the selected TFCs. Candidates will be required to pay Rs.5000 (1,000 for SC/SCA/ST) as initial deposit for admission in the allotted college. An SMS and an email alert will also be sent to candidates in each stage.
The TNEA cutoff will also be released for all rounds of counselling.
- Seat Allotment – The first list of TNEA 2020 seat allotment will be released soon after counselling. The list will be prepared on a merit basis. Candidates should visit the official website regularly to see the result of seat allotment. After confirmation, they may report to their respective college.
TNEA 2020: Rank Wise Counselling Schedule
Schedule for Online Counselling (Academic)
|Round||Average Marks Range||Rank||Dates for Initial Payment||Locking Date of Choice||Tentative Allotment Date||Confirmation of Tentative Allotment Date||Provisional Allotment Date|
|1||199.66 to 175||1 to 12263||8/10/2020 to 11/10/2020||12/10/2020 to 13/10/2020||14/10/2020||14/10/2020 to 15/10/2020||16/10/2020|
|2||174.75 to 145.50||12263 to 35167||12/10/2020 to 15/10/2020||16/10/2020 to 17/10/2020||18/10/2020||18/10/2020 to 19/10/2020||20/10/2020|
|3||145 to 111.75||35168 to 70300||16/10/2020 to 19/10/2020||20/10/2020 to 21/10/2020||22/10/2020||22/10/2020 to 23/10/2020||24/10/2020|
|4||111.50 to 77.50||70301 to 110873||20/10/2020 to 23/10/2020||24/10/2020 to 25/10/2020||26/10/2020||26/10/2020 to 27/10/2020||28/10/2020|
Schedule for Online Counselling (Vocational)
|Average Marks Range||Rank||Dates for Initial Payment||Locking Date of Choice||Tentative Allotment Date||Confirmation of Tentative Allotment Date||Provisional Allotment Date|
|196.83 to 87.50||1 to 1533||8/10/2020 to 11/10/2020||12/10/2020 to 13/10/2020||14/10/2020||14/10/2020 to 15/10/2020||16/10/2020|
TNEA 2020 Counselling: Important Dates
|Application process Start||15 July 2020|
|Last date to fill and submit the application form||16 August 2020|
|Counselling for Special Reservation categories||1 October to 6 October 2020|
|Commencement of Counseling (Academic)||8 October to 27 October 2020|
|Commencement of Counseling (Vocational)||8 October to 15 October 2020|
|SCA to SC counselling (Online) Academic & Vocational||29 October and 30 October 2020|
|Last date for TNEA counselling||30 October 2020|
TNEA 2020: Rank List
The Department of Technical Education (DoTE) has released the TNEA Rank list 2020 on 28 September 2020. Candidates who have successfully registered for the TNEA counselling 2020 can download the TNEA Rank list 2020 from the official website or Click here to download TNEA Rank List 2020.
Here is the overview of TNEA Admissions 2020
|Total Candidates Registered||1,60,834|
|Candidates Who paid Application Fee||1,31,436|
|Candidates Who Uploaded their Certificates||1,14,206|
TNEA 2020: Important Dates
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Engineering Examination (TNEA)|
|Exam Authority||Directorate of Technical Education (DoTE) Tamil Nadu|
|TNEA Rank List Released||28 September 2020|
|Online Counselling (General)||8 to 27 October 2020|
|Special Category Counselling||1 to 5 October 2020|